SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE!

Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2012

DIY vs. Pottery Barn - or the NOEL sign

Hello Lovelies, 
I think every one of you have seen this sign?


Pottery Barn have the prettiest decoration...
I wanted this one too, but where to get it?
Shipping from the US is quite expensive.
And here in Germany I haven`t found what I was looking for.
So a DIY moment was born! (AGAIN) ;)


I took out some cardboard and simply
draw the letters on it, cut it out and painted everything in a brown.
And it was ready, 
This sign took me a 45 minutes of effort!




It looks little crinkly and buckled, 
I think it looks like driftwood;)
It isn`t quite perfect but I like it;)

I took an empty frame, some ornaments and bells and
hung the sign on it.


So what do you think?

Linked to:

Pudel - design

Kommentare:

Laurie hat gesagt…

I think your NOEL sign looks lovely. I like how you hung it inside a frame. How smart of you to use cardboard. I made one of my own last year out of wooden letters from the craft store. Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from Claiming Our Space's Tout It Tuesday. Happy Holidays!
http://www.laurieslittlebitsofcreativity.com

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Lydia,
the "Quallen" just arrived. Very pretty! They are the 1st decoration for the appartment we are planning to buy in 2013. Thank you!
Schöne Feste auch!
LG,
Elisa

Diana - FreeStyleMama hat gesagt…

Very clever! I would have never thought to use cardboard! I'd love you to come link up at my Pin Me Linky Party. I love your hand drawn paisley background. Is that a dog & bones?

Diana - FreeStyleMama hat gesagt…

Thanks for linking up!