SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE!

Montag, 20. August 2012

DIY paddle from paper rolls!

Hello Lovelies, 
I have this space above my
windows in the living room.
I think I need some decoration for that space.
Oh I have these old, stained planks.
Which are really nice, but something is missing though. 


So I was thinking...
And than it hits me;)
Why not make a paddle for that space, I have my octopus painting, 
and the jelly fish painting in there, some driftwood tables.
So why not a paddle?

No I didn`t carve it from wood.
I made it from this;)


Yes, just simple paper rolls! (and some cardboard)
You know the ones wrapped in toilet or kitchen towel paper.
So you have to remove the whole paper first, to get to them.
Do this on its purpose or let your kids or pets help you;)
(just kidding;))

Okay, what have I used:
1. Paper rolls (small and big ones)
2. Scissors and duckt tape
3. some glue
4. some electrical tape in black
5. a pretty wallpaper and some nails

And here is how I did it.
At first, lay down your rolls and cardboard to shape the paddle.


Than add the duct tape to connect the parts.


I put some kitchen paper towel between the two cardboard 
parts to make the paddle more dimensional.

Than you have to take out your wallpaper and just glue it to the cardboard paddle.
You can paint it as well.
I wanted it to be easy and fast, so I picked the wallpaper!;)


I only used the last stripe, the darker one.



Than let it dry.


After it was completely dried I used some
black electrical tape and wrapped the handle at the end and
right in front of the paddle.

And that`s how it looks on my wall;)




So what you think?
You like my DIY project?
Any suggestions?

Linked to;
Pudel - design

Kommentare:

Nancy @ Life: Designed hat gesagt…

What?! That's brilliant!! I can't tell you how much I love it!

Wanda@Wandaful Wonders hat gesagt…

It looks great hanging on your wall! Wish I had thought of this thrifty brilliant idea! Great Work! Wanda

Laurel hat gesagt…

I love it! You are truly creative and resourceful. Great blog

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper hat gesagt…

you are so stinking clever! love it!

Crystelle hat gesagt…

This is sooooooo cute! How in the world did you think of it....???
AND it looks great too!!!
You are talented, girl!

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE hat gesagt…

This is BRILLIANT! I am featuring it on my blog tomorrow. Thank you so much for sharing it...♥

BJ_Mama hat gesagt…

Aren't you CLEVER!!! It looks GREAT!

BJ_Mama hat gesagt…

This is AMAZING! I would have never thought to make my own! Clever!

Honey at 2805 hat gesagt…

Great idea and they look real! Thank you for sharing your garden project at Potpourri Friday! Hoping you will make it a weekly or regular party stop!

I have become a friend and follower and hope you will too!

L' Officina di un Sogno hat gesagt…

So a great idea!!!!! It looks real....Eli

Jen hat gesagt…

Love this! Really creative use of paper rolls & fab beachy decor for a tight budget!

Christine hat gesagt…

SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! Love it!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Beth @ Free Stylin' hat gesagt…

What a smart and beautiful idea! Thanks so much...my son loves to save the toilet paper and paper towel rolls for crafts, and now I know what to make with them! :)

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com hat gesagt…

Great use of 'throw-away' items! LOVE this.

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate hat gesagt…

It looks so good! I would never have known it was cardboard tubes! Brilliant! You're a feature this week!

http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/08/features-and-friday-link-party-45.html

Kristy hat gesagt…

I only have 3 words for you...

NO. FREAKIN. WAY! :)

Unknown hat gesagt…

I love how you use anything and everything to create beautiful pieces. Great blog!!!